Skip to main content

Spotlight: Introducing New Kindred Nutrition Intern



            Hi all! I’m Carly Francis and I am the new intern at Kindred Nutrition for the summer. I am thrilled to be chosen for this experience and can’t wait to get started! A little about myself: I am going into my senior year at Florida State University as a Dietetic major. When I’m not pouring over books at the library, you can find me running outside, trying out new Pinterest recipes or enjoying downtime with my favorite TV show “The Office”. I am new to blogging though so bear with me!
             I became interested in nutrition after I was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes at age 9 so when it was time to pick a college major and career path, I had no doubt in my mind that I wanted to be a Dietitian! My goal is to help someone one day as much as Dietitians have helped me along the way.
            I interned last summer at the Frederick Memorial Hospital Wellness Center and found that I gained so much knowledge and experience that they don’t teach you in the classroom. I am hoping this summer I can gain more hands-on experience at Kindred while learning as much from Amy as possible. I am also hoping to leave here with a better perspective on the day- to- day life of a dietitian and everything that goes with it.
            I am looking forward to the next few weeks with getting more comfortable in the office and I can’t wait to see what is to come over the course of my time here at Kindred. Stay tuned for my summer blog, The Insightful Intern!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Note to Self before "Bathing Suit Season"

We are coming up on Memorial Day Weekend. The pools will open, beach season begins, and everyone is scurrying around to buy new bathing suits or cover ups. Although I LOVE summer there's an aspect of this time of year that I very much dislike.  I absolutely cannot stand the insecurity bathing suits bring to the mind. How many of your friends' Facebook and Instagram posts read "Gotta get bikini ready" or "I'm not ready for bathing suit season?" It's on everyone's minds and we have much better things to worry about people.

The fact of the matter is that MOST people feel vulnerable in a bathing suit. Think about it you are practically naked and I'm pretty sure the woman whose body modeled your final product may have had longer legs or is 15 years old.

Is it really worth allowing yourself to feel vulnerable and insecure over something that realistically isn't even created to showcase your body's strengths?  What in the world does how yo…

Interesting read about OCD & #EatingDisorders

Interesting read about OCD & #EatingDisorders


#FUEL yourself and get ready for Half Marathon and Marathon season

Lisa is taking new clients. Schedule today.