Skip to main content

We are moving: New classes and services




Kindred Nutrition is growing and with growth we are moving across the hall.  Our street address remains the same but we will be in Suite A starting Wednesday 10/1/2014.

The most exciting thing is our new space will include a working kitchen, a pantry for makeovers, and a yoga studio.  

Kindred is adding many things to our products and services:

-Cooking classes for adults
-Cooking classes for children
-Individual meal planning and production
-Family meal participation and processing (for Eating Disorder Clients)

Stay tuned for class descriptions and sign ups.

YOGA

Kindred Nutrition has been a proponent of the integration of yoga for the last 2 years and we are proud to announce our partnership with The Yoga House.  The Yoga House team will be collaborating with Kindred Nutrition to focus on breath and meditation, strength, and body awareness, important foundations to health.  Classes begin10/7/2014 and are open now.  Weekly classes will be Tuesdays 7P-8P, Thursdays 6:30P-7:30 P, and Saturdays 8A-9A.  

Classes are filling up! So don't delay!

Call 301-580-0008 now or sign up here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make it Happen

Parents, I see you. I see you putting everyone else's needs in front of yours. I see your dark circles under your eyes, your gray hair, that your wasting away, or that you've collectively gained weight over the years. It's time to put yourselves first because if you don't take care of yourself you won't be around to keep taking care of everyone else. So often friends, acquaintances, or clients say to me, "I don't know how you find the time to exercise." "How can you take the time away from everything else and get away to exercise?" "I wish I could actually focus on myself and exercise." Exercise to me is self care. It produces endorphins faster than any other activity I engage in. It  reduces my stress, keeps me healthy, increases flexibility, and gives me more energy to be on point with my busy kids and my demanding job. My exercise isn't extravagant and it doesn't take too much time. Here's my secret. I always

Why this Dietitian Cares more about your PREbiotics than your PRObiotic Pill

Clients ask me all the time what I think of their brand of probiotic or which one they should start taking.  Studies have shown that probiotic supplements definitely have their place in certain circumstances (that’s a whole other blog for another time), but my bigger concern is... what are you feeding the ones you have already? “Probiotics” is just a fancy word for helpful bacteria.  Even if you don’t take a pill, you have these little guys in your digestive track.  The problem right now is that current probiotic supplements can only include the bacteria that scientists have been able to 1) identify and 2) put in a pill without them dying right away.   However, we (probiotic and non-probiotic users alike) have so many different strains of bacteria (somewhere in the neighborhood of billions) who do so much good for us such as make vitamins and help battle bad bacteria.  BUT - just like us - they need to eat!  A recent study showed that a diet high in protein is not in their

To The Bones- A review from a dietitian

Friday July 14th, Netflix premiered the movie To The Bone.  Prior to the premier many had opinions of the movie. Some were fearful that it would glorify an Eating Disorder, some felt the movie would put too much focus on extremely thin patients with Eating Disorders neglecting those that are within normal weight but still extremely sick, and many had a lot of opinions about the lead actress who lost a significant amount of weight for the role disclosing she is in recovery for an Eating Disorder. My colleagues and I discussed the pretense of the movie, I communicated to families that the movie was coming out in case their daughters and sons watched the movie, and Friday I went home from work and viewed the movie. Although Hollywood has a way of sensationalizing everything there was a lot that the movie got right. The opening scene where Ellen counts the calories as soon as she sees the food is a good depiction of how someone with an Eating Disorder thinks. Food is not sensual it i